Milligan College: B.A. 1970
University of Iowa: M.A. 1972, Ph.D. 1974
- Specialization in: Modern Philosophy, Human Nature, Ethics
- Competence in: History of Philosophy, Logic, Political Thought
- "Locke, Dualism, and the Ontological Argument"
- South Carolina Society for Philosophy, 1976.
- "Locke on the Essence of the Soul"
- The Southern Journal of Philosophy, XVII:4 (Winter, 1979), pp. 455-464.
- anthologized in Locke: Epistemology and Metaphysics, 2000.
- "Philosophy and Footlights"
- South Carolina Society for Philosophy, 1979.
- Teaching Philosophy, 3:3 (Spring, 1980), pp. 315-323.
- anthologized in Demonstrating Philosophy, 1988.
- "Some Nineteenth-century Additions to Christophersen"
- The Locke Newsletter, No. 11 (Autumn 1980), pp. 9-12.
- "Locke's Forensic Person"
- American Philosophical Association (Central Division), 1981.
- "Character Development in the College Years"
- Association of Lutheran College Faculties, 1988.
- "Locke, Morality, and Personal Identity"
- South Carolina Society for Philosophy, 1991.
- A Dictionary of Philosophical Terms and Names
- <www.philosophypages.com/dy/>, 1997-2002.
- "Teaching Undergraduate Courses on the Web"
- Alliance 2020 Distance Education Conference, 1998.
- "Developing Hypertext Materials for Philosophy Teaching" (with Ed Teall)
- AAPT Workshop-Conference on Teaching Philosophy, 1998.
- "Teaching Philosophy on the Internet"
- XXth World Congress of Philosophy, 1998.
- A Guide to John Locke's Essay Concerning Human Understanding
- <www.philosophypages.com/locke/g0.htm>, 1999.
- "Online Philosophy Teaching" (with Louisa Moon and Julie Van Camp)
- American Philosophical Association (Eastern Division), 2000.
- Reviews of:
- Sagal, Mind, Man, and Machine, in Teaching Philosophy, 1983.
- Lacey, Modern Philosophy, in Teaching Philosophy, 1983.
- Baird, The Philosophical Life, in Teaching Philosophy, 1984.
- Olshewsky, Foundations of Moral Decisions, in Teaching Philosophy, 1985.
- Hall & Woolhouse, Eighty Years of Locke Scholarship, in Analytical & Enumerative Bibliography, 1985.
- Lispector, The Foreign Legion, in Studies in Short Fiction, 1992.
- Advisory Editor, Studies in Short Fiction, 1987-2000.
©1999-2006 Garth Kemerling.
Last modified 11 January 2002.
Questions, comments, and suggestions may be sent to: the Contact Page..